Skip Taco Bell; make these Mexican Mini-Pizzas instead. They go together so easy and they’ll save you money too!
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 can pinto beans 15 oz, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tssp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 cups cheddar-jack cheese grated
- 1 avocado
- 2 cans Black olives 6 oz, sliced, drained
- 2 tomato large, diced
- salsa optional
- sour cream optional
- 12 ` corn tortilla
- 1 bag frozen broccoli 10 oz., steam-in-the-bag
- Heat oven to 350. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add beef. Cook beef, stirring frequently to crumble, until cooked through and no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and 1 c. water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until thickened. While taco meat is simmering, combine beans and salsa in a blender. Blend until smooth. Place 6 tortillas on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crispy but not browned. Remove from oven, and remove tortillas from baking sheet. Add 6 more tortillas to baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until crispy. While the second set is baking, top first 6 tortillas with bean mixture (about 3 tablespoons on each one). Top with remaining tortillas. Top “sandwiches” with taco meat (about 1/2 c. each), shredded cheese, lettuce, olives, and avocado. Top with diced tomatoes. Top with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions.