This lunch or cold summery dinner has been derived from our Grilled Greek Chicken with Mediterranean Salsa. A wise and efficient chef will make double of the hot meal and add the leftovers to cooked and drained pasta for an easy “planned over” meal. You can make this Healthy Mediterranean Pasta Salad with or without chicken.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard no sugar listed in ingredients
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp fresh parsley chopped
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup capers drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 lb 100% whole grain elbow noodles or penne (as shown), cooked and drained
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a blender or shaker cup. Blend or shake to combine. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Combine pasta, olives, tomatoes, capers, parsley, and artichokes in a large bowl. Stir well. Pour dressing over pasta; stir well. Top with sliced chicken (if using), and feta.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Grill 3-4 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Pin this healthy Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe to your favorite Pinterest boards so you don’t lose it. Use the pin icon on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This one would go great on salad boards, lunch boards, clean eating boards, potluck boards, summer food boards, and more.
Serve this one either warm or cold. If you serve it cold, it makes a great meal to take along with you to soccer practice or whatever evening duties you may have.