The lazy person’s beef burritos! Make two pans of this Healthy Beef Burrito Bake, one for tonight and one for your freezer! You and your family will be so glad you did!
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 bag frozen bell peppers and onions
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can refried beans no sugar listed in ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
Beef Burrito Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and veggies.
- Add the seasonings and refried beans and heat through.
- In a separate bowl, blend the cream cheese and yogurt; spread half the mixture on the bottom of a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Cut tortillas in half. Add a layer of tortillas (about 3), allowing them to slightly overlap.
- Spread 1/2 the ground beef mixture on the tortillas, and top with 1 cup cheese. Add remaining cream cheese mixture to the top of the cheese. Top with remaining tortillas. Add remaining beef mixture and finally add the remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes until cheese is nicely melted and fillings are hot.
- Assemble casserole as directed and freeze before baking.
- To cook after freezing, thaw completely and bake at 350 for 20-30 min or until hot and melty.