We did this healthy Mac-N-Cheese meal in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker), but it works great on stovetop too.
- 16 oz 100% whole grain elbow noodles
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp salt
7 Minute Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
Mac-N-Cheese (in the instant pot):
- Combine elbows, 4 c. water, butter, and salt. Seal. Set manual to high and set timer for 4 minutes.
- Manual (quick) release the pressure. Set instant pot to sauté, and add milk and cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Return hot noodles to pan, and add milk, cheese, butter, and salt. Stir until everything is melted and creamy.
7-Minute Green Beans
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans. Boil 7 minutes. Drain and serve.
This Post Has One Comment
I want to try this Mac & cheese recipe on a camping trip. Maybe somewhat assemble ahead of time & then heat over the campfire….just might work.