Here’s a Healthy Biscuits and Gravy recipe paired with scrambled eggs and fresh tomato slices to start your day off right! No Wheaties here.
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- pinch allspice
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cold
- 1 cup milk
- 8 egg
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tomato large
- Brown turkey with spices. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth, then slowly stir in milk. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in cooked turkey meat. Pour over biscuits.
- preheat oven to 400.
- Combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter with two knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Gently stir in milk. Try not to over mix.
- Roll or press mixture out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a round biscuit cutter or an overturned drinking glass into 12 discs.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake at 400 15-20 minutes.
- Heat butter in a skillet. Add eggs and stir well to scramble. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until eggs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper, if desired.
This Post Has 0 Comments