Carne Asada is a fancy way to describe a flavorful, mexican-inspired, marinated steak. In this case, we used flank steak and a special healthy marinade, making a delicious base for just about any meal. Serve this carne asada recipe sliced as the protein in a 1-2-3 Eat! meal, maybe with Mexican Sweet Potato Salad and a bowl of Black Bean Soup. Layer it with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pico and our 90/10 Guacamole in whole grain tortillas for some amazing carne asada tacos. Or arrange it in bowls without the tortillas for a low carb Carne Asada Bowl.
Take note of the marinating time, and plan accordingly.
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice not from concentrate preferred
- 2 Tbps lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp pickled jalapeno slices chopped
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce no sugar added, see notes
- 1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Add all ingredients to a large zip top plastic bag. Shake to mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill steak 4-5 minutes per side depending on desired doneness. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain into thin strips.
Save this carne asada recipe to your Pinterest boards so you don’t lose it! Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This one would go great on Mexican food boards, Cinco De Mayo boards, keto or low carb boards, clean eating boards, and more.
You could serve this sizzling on a skillet with sauteed onions and peppers. Or you could serve it on a rice bowl Chipotle style.
This Post Has 0 Comments