- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 4 stalks celery sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic or fresh
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 8 oz vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 cups kale leaves, destemmed
- Heat Olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add diced onions and saute until browned.
- Add carrots, celery and zucchini, saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic. Let the veggies cook for a couple more minutes, then add diced tomatoes and spices.
- Let that simmer for a few more minutes, then add broth, lentils, kale and brown rice.
- Stir all the ingredients into the soup and let it simmer for 40-50 minutes. Add salt and or pepper to taste.
This Post Has One Comment
I think this will be a good one to try this winter!