There was no compromise of flavor when we eliminated the cream of celery soup from the original version of this Downhome Ham and Cheddar Soup recipe and replaced the potatoes with butternut squash. It’s still delicious, and it’s still gonna warm you heart and soul.
Instant Pot Instructions Included!
- 1 lb frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 cup Butternut Squash diced
- 2 carrot peeled and diced
- 4 cups Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb cheddar cheese grated
- 7 oz uncured ham no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place broccoli, onion, squash, carrots, broth, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 3 hours.
- Puree part of soup. Leave some chunks (if desired). See notes.
- Add cheese, ham, and yogurt to slow cooker. Cook on high 10-15 minutes and stir to melt the cheese.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add broccoli, onion, squash, carrots, broth, salt, and pepper to the Instant Pot. Program for manual-high and 12 minutes. 10 minute NPR. QR, then puree some of the soup with an immersion blender or blender. (Leave it a little chunky.) Add ham, cheddar, and yogurt. Stir well. Turn to sauté to finish melting the cheese, or just replace the lid for 3-5 minutes in the keep warm setting. Soup is done when cheese is melted.
This Post Has 0 Comments