Lemon-Dill Salmon Burgers are super easy and quick for a weeknight meal! We served them with fresh corn on the cob and steamed artichokes.
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 salmon fillet wild caught preferred
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs see notes
- 1 bunch fresh dill chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns
- 2 oz Arugula
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4 Tbsp Ketchup no sugar or high fructose corn syrup, optional
- Heat 2 T. oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of filets. Cook filets in pan, 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove fish to a large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard skins from salmon, if present. Flake salmon.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, fresh dill, and lemon juice to the salmon. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties. In same pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cook patties 3 minutes per side or until done. (Patties will be fragile.)
- Place patties on buns. Top each patty with a slice of tomato and a pinch of arugula. Top with ketchup, if desired. Top with bun tops.