State fair, schmate fair. Try these homemade Indian Tacos and never crave the state fair version again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 each 100% whole wheat naan
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomato large, diced
- salsa optional
- sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat beef in a skillet, stirring to crumble. When browned, add taco seasoning and 1 c. water. Stir well and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour olive oil in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of naan in oil, turn to coat. Shake slightly to remove excess oil.
- Place greased bread on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes, turn over, then bake 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Top browned naan with taco meat, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and any other desired toppings.