Healthy Steakburgers with 100% whole wheat buns. Use THIS RECIPE for homemade whole wheat buns or THIS RECIPE for homemade keto buns.
Everyone in the family will love this recipe and it’s great for football season too.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns no high fructose corn syrup
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 4 lettuce optional
- 4 slices tomato optional
- 8 Tbsp dill pickle slices optional, no sugar listed in ingredients
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients except buns and toppings. Form into patties. (Mixture will be loose; handle with care.)
- Reduce grill heat to medium-low and grill burgers approximately 4 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness.
- A few minutes before burgers are done, spread butter evenly over cut sides of bottom and top buns. Place buns buttered side down on grill. Grill 2 min or until toasted. Arrange patties on buns; top with desired toppings.
This Post Has One Comment
I’m going to get these ready today to take camping. Will let you know how they worked out.