Store-bought fruit and yogurt parfaits are so pretty, so convenient, and so delicious, but they are also so loaded with added sugar. It’s added to the yogurt, it’s added to the fruit, and it’s added to the granola. All that added sugar just will not do for us, so we made a quick and easy recipe to make our own healthy yogurt parfait, with no refined sugars, no chemicals, no fake food. We used blueberries and strawberries, but just about any soft fruit works for this. To make these ahead, keep the granola separate so that it doesn’t get soggy. Then either refrigerate or freeze.
We used our Apple Pie Granola. See notes for other options.
- 1 quart plain yogurt greek style is fine
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 8 Tbsp granola no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- Mix yogurt and syrup until well mixed. Add 1/2 cup yogurt to the bottom of a 2 cup capacity cup. (Wine glasses work well for a more elegant presentation, while disposable cups work well for grabbing a quick snack or breakfast to take with you.)
- Mix blueberries and strawberries (or fruit of choice) and add 1/2 cup fruit mixture to the top of the yogurt. Repeat layers (1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup fruit). Top with granola. (if making ahead, reserve granola for serving.)
- Serve immediately. To make ahead and serve later, seal tightly and refrigerate, or freeze, reserving granola.