This Healthy Vegetable Miso Soup makes an excellent main dish for a vegan dinner or a side dish or appetizer for a different meal.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped SEE NOTES
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 4 carrot medium, cut into thin slices SEE NOTES
- 4 stalks celery cut into thin slices SEE NOTES
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup green beans chopped
- 1 cup baby bok choy chopped
- 1/4 cup dried wakame seaweed optional
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 green onion chopped
- 4 Tbsp miso paste SEE NOTES
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, onion, carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add 6 cups of water to the pot and bring to a gentle boil for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, green beans, bok choy, and seaweed. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the miso paste with about a 1/2 cup of hot water. Mix until it is completely dissolved in the water.
- Add miso mixture, sesame oil, and green onions to the pot. Mix well and serve.