Are you sitting down? You might want to sit down. Because in 5 minutes, you can have an amazing meal, a creamy, delicious, asian-inspired meal loaded with veggies and tender chicken, sitting on ice, just waiting for its turn in your slow cooker. Mind. Blown. Behold the Healthy Cashew Butter Chicken you’ll have on rotation in your meal plan forever.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thigh cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cashew butter no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper or more or less, to taste
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup sugar snap pea pods
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup broccoli cut into florets
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp cilantro chopped, optional
- 3 Tbsp cashews raw, optional
To Cook Immediately
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine cashew butter, coconut aminos, honey, rice vinegar, red pepper, chicken broth, and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Stir in vegetables. Cook on high 30 min or until vegetables are tender crisp. Serve over cooked brown rice, optional. Top with cilantro and cashews, if desired.
- Add chicken to a large zip top freezer bag. Combine cashew butter, coconut aminos, honey, rice vinegar, red pepper, chicken broth, and garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour over chicken. Seal bag. In a separate bag, combine pea pods, bell pepper, and broccoli. Place both bags into a third bag and freeze.
To Cook After Freezing
- Add contents of chicken bag to slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours. Stir in contents of vegetable bag. Cook on high 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Serve over cooked brown rice, if desired. Top with chopped cilantro and cashews, if desired.
This Post Has One Comment
Looks very good! Need to try.