This is the healthy turkey potato soup that warms you heart and soul, and makes you toasty-oasty warm, even in a blizzard. We’ve included Instant Pot® directions for our fellow pot-heads! Want more Instant Pot recipes? GO HERE.
This recipe was adapted from willcookforsmiles.com
- 1.5 lbs turkey tenderloin
- 2.5 quarts water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs purple potato quartered
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream see notes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated , plus more for garnish, if desired
- In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil. Add turkey, bay leaf, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer 1.5 hours. Remove from heat, remove turkey to a cutting board. Allow turkey to cool until it is cool enough to handle. Reserve cooking water (broth).
- In same pot, melt butter. Add onions, carrots and celery. Saute 3 minutes. Add garlic. Saute 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and reserved broth to vegetables in pan. Add remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let cook 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Stir in turkey, parmesan, and cream. Stir until cheese melts.
- Top with additional parmesan for serving, if desired.
- Add turkey, water, bay leaf, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper to the instant pot. Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, 20 minutes. Allow natural pressure release.
- Remove turkey to a cutting board. Allow turkey to cool until it is cool enough to handle. Reserve cooking water (broth).
- Hit sauté. Add butter until melted. Add onions, carrots and celery. Saute 3 minutes. Add garlic. Saute 1 minute. Hit cancel.
- Add potatoes, broth, and remaining salt and pepper. Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for soup. While soup is cooking, dice turkey. Allow for natural pressure release. As soon as pin drops, remove lid and add turkey, parmesan, and cream. Stir until cheese melts. Top with additional parmesan cheese, if desired.