Vegan Portobello Stir Fry – Don’t you just love going to Hibachi style restaurants and having de-lish-us stir fries? Don’t you wish you had a cooking table like that at home? (And I know you secretly wish you could toss an egg into your hat and make an onion volcano. Don’t deny it. It’s ok. I know.)
While having a hibachi grill installed into your kitchen might be a bit extreme, you CAN make your own delicious, healthy stir fries that are just as amazing, and almost as easy as having an egg-catching, volcano-conjuring chef make for you.
For Paleo or Keto, try it with this cauliflower rice.
This recipe was adapted from simplyrecipes.com
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup carrot grated
- 3/4 cup daikon radish grated
- 1 red bell pepper cut into inch strips
- 3 portobello mushroom caps large, sliced thin
- 8 oz sugar snap pea pods
- 1 can baby corn on the cob drained
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp chili oil or sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or Arrowroot Powder
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- Combine rice and 3 cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
Rice (Instant Pot)
- Combine rice and 2 cups water in an instant pot. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, and 22 minutes. NPR for best results, but you can do quick release if you're in a hurry. (Note: this can be made ahead, as the IP will automatically switch to keep warm until you're ready to eat.)
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add carrots and radish. Stir fry 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir fry 2 minutes. Add pea pods; stir fry 2 minutes. Stir in corn and stir fry sauce. Stir the cornstarch slurry again, then add to vegetables in skillet. Stir well and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and thickened. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Stir Fry Sauce
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine cornstarch and 3 Tablespoons water in a separate small bowl. Stir well; set aside.
This Post Has One Comment
Made this tonight. Loved it! As did my 10 year old daughter.