When have you ever found a 3 ingredient, healthy meal that your whole family enjoys? While this (shall we call it a unicorn?) trifecta of food may have eluded you in the past, rest assured that it is now here with this clean eating creamy salsa chicken, and it is very, very real. (And very, very good. But that’s beside the point. Isn’t it?)
Serve this as a dip with homemade tortilla chips, over cooked brown rice, or even as a stuffing for baked sweet potatoes or fresh avocados. It could also be the base for tacos, nachos, or quesadillas.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz salsa no sugar added
- Add chicken to slow cooker. Combine salsa and cream cheese in a blender. Pour over chicken. Cook on low 6 hours or on high on 4 hours. Shred chicken. Serve with fresh cilantro or fresh avocado, if desired.
- Combine cream cheese and salsa in a blender. Add cream cheese mixture and chicken to a large zip loc bag. Freeze
To Cook After Freezing
- Add frozen meal to slow cooker. Cook on high 6 hours or on low 8 hours. Shred chicken. Serve with fresh cilantro or fresh avocado, if desired.