Healthy Summer Corn Chowder can be made in just about any season but the summer veggies make it great for summer. Try it with grilled cheese. We originally made it with this Avocado Grilled Cheese.
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped, about ½ large onion
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1 carrot medium, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 zucchini medium, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- fresh parsley chopped, to garnish
- cayenne pepper to serve, optional
- Heat butter in a large dutch oven. Add onion, celery, and carrot. Let cook 5-7 min or until beginning to soften. Add garlic and thyme. Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Add corn and zucchini. Return to boiling.
- Let simmer 10-12 more minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Transfer 1 1/2 c. of the chowder to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return pureed chowder to pot. Stir in milk and heat just until hot. Serve with peppers and parsley, if desired.
This Post Has 0 Comments