You know, just because we’re all about the healthy food around here, doesn’t mean we aren’t also about what tastes good. Desserts can be made to fit within a 9010 lifestyle too! And, if you want to eat this particular dessert first, I won’t tell. Let’s have some healthy Peach Cobbler.
We started with this recipe from bettycrocker.com, and modified it to make it fit 90/10.
9010 All-Purpose Biscuit Mix
- 4 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk powder
- 1/2 cup safflower oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups peach fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
9010 All Purpose Biscuit Mix
- Combine all ingredients. Measure out 1 cup for cobbler. Store the rest in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven 375. Combine 1 cup 9010 All Purpose Biscuit Mix, milk, nutmeg, and melted butter in a small bowl. Pour batter into a greased 13X9 inch pan.
- Peel and slice peaches, if using fresh. Combine peaches and maple syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and 3 Tbsp water. Stir slurry into peaches. Spoon mixture over batter in dish.
- Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.