Fresh, fresh, and more fresh. These healthy pad thai spring rolls are loaded with vegetables (and therefore color), but also loaded with flavor. We found brown rice paper at Natural Grocer’s.
This recipe was adapted from minimalistbaker.com.
- 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 8 each brown rice paper or more, depending on how full you fill them
- 5 oz carrot grated, see notes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 each green onion
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Press tofu in a tofu press or under something heavy. (Place on thick layer of paper towels, top with another thick layer of paper towels and place something heavy, like a cast iron pan, on top.) Allow to press 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. Slice tofu into 8 equal sticks, about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch by 4 inch. Place sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 30 minutes.
- While tofu is baking, chop cilantro and slice green onions. Chop broccoli into tiny florets. Set aside.
- Prepare pad thai sauce by adding all ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make Peanut Sauce by combining all ingredients in a blender.
- When tofu is done, heat medium skillet until hot. Add tofu, 1 teaspoon bragg, 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, and 1 Tablespoon pad thai sauce. Heat 1-2 minutes per side, or until crispy.
- While tofu is cooking, prepare brown rice noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Prepare one brown rice paper wrapper according to package directions. Add tofu, carrots, cilantro, green onions, broccoli and noodles to center of wrapper. Drizzle with pad thai sauce. Fold one side into center. Fold each side into center. Roll up and set aside. Repeat with remaining wrappers and ingredients.
- Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
This Post Has 0 Comments