I developed this healthy overnight oats recipe for use in my 28 Days To Clean book and it was a huge hit with the test group (as well as with me). In fact, I still make this recipe just about every week and it gives me 3 super simple breakfasts that are grab-and-go from the fridge.
It’s super easy to make, it has healthy fats, it’s gluten free, and it’s filling. I’m not sure what more you could want from a breakfast (well, except bacon…you could want bacon).
- 2 cups old fashioned oats gluten free (rolled oats)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp flax meal or chia seeds
- 2 cups berries fresh or frozen, your choice
- honey optional
- Mix the oats, yogurt, almond milk, and chia/flax in a large bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture into three mason jars or resealable containers. Add fruit toppings.
- Seal and place in the fridge for overnight and up to 1 week.
- When ready to eat, drizzle some honey for sweetener (optional) and enjoy.
Pin this healthy overnight oats recipe to your favorite boards. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, breakfast boards, gluten free boards, meal prep boards, and more.
When you learn how to make overnight oats, you never go back! You can make these with frozen berries or fresh berries. You can store them in mason jars or disposable containers. You can mix up the flavors with different fruits and spices. The sky is the limit.