I was so sad when I tested this recipe and it turned out delicious, because I wanted an excuse to make them again right away! You, too, will want to make this easy, fresh recipe again and again. Enjoy Healthy Mediterranean Pita Pizza any day!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 each 100% whole wheat greek pita bread
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 6 Tbsp Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers see notes
- 1 cup Arugula
- Heat oven to 450. Toss tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, and pepper together in a small bowl. Spread in an even layer on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 11 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to brown and blacken. Remove from oven and use a fork to mash tomatoes. Pour mashed tomatoes into a small bowl and set aside. Discard parchment or foil.
- Using another sheet of parchment or foil, reline the baking pan. Place pitas on prepared pan. Top with crushed tomatoes, feta, olives, and peppers. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and top with arugula. Drizzle with remaining oil.