Packed with nutrition, these are not your Aunt Jemima’s pancakes. These Clean Eating Protein Pancakes will fill your belly, sustain your activities, and nourish your body so much better than those refined flour mixes ever could.
- 1 cup oats ground to a powder
- 1 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat flour see notes for gluten free options
- 1 cup whey protein isolate see notes for dairy free and vegan options
- 3/4 cup buttermilk powder see notes for dairy free and vegan options
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp The Neat Egg® or 3 eggs' worth of any powdered egg substitute
Dry Mix and Pancakes
- Mix all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- To make into pancakes, mix all of the dry mix with 1 3/4 cup water. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened; for fluffy pancakes, do not over mix. Drop by 1/3 cups full onto a hot greased griddle or skillet. Cook 2-3 min or until bubbles slow and edges appear dry. Flip cakes, and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute on the second side.
- To freeze, make pancakes as directed above. Place parchment between each pancake, and freeze in a large zip top plastic bag. To reheat after freezing, microwave on "defrost" setting or low power for 1-2 minutes.