These Healthy Hazelnut Blondie Cookies have just a bit of coconut sugar (yellow tier) in them to satisfy the sweet tooth without ruining your goals!
- 1 oz hazelnuts chopped or halved
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond butter natural (no sugar listed in ingredients)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour blanched
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the mixtures together and stir until fully combined.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts to the mixture.
- Form into small balls (about 2 tbsp each), flatten, and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.