There are many things that bring me joy, and this granola definitely fits the category. (Sorry, Ms. Kondo, I’m keeping this one.) Healthy granola is not super easy to find in stores, so we are usually forced to make our own. Um, if homemade can taste like this healthy Cranberry-Date Granola, then, OK!
- 2/3 cups dried dates chopped
- 2/3 cups dried cranberries unsweetened
- 5 cups oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- Preheat oven to 275. Mix all ingredients. Spread in a single layer on two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 275 for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Sometimes it is hard to find unsweetened dried cranberries. In my area, you can get some that are sweetened with apple juice rather than sugar. We consider that acceptable. If you can’t find any in a store or you just prefer to order online, you can get them on Amazon here.