Dontcha just hate it when you’re craving beef stroganoff but all the recipes you can find either take forever, use a bunch of hard to find ingredients, or are unhealthy? Or all of the above? Me too, so I decided to make a Healthy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Enjoy this slow cooker version of a russian favorite! You can thank me later.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lbs 100% whole grain egg noodles
- 4 green onion sliced
To Cook Immediately
- Add all ingredients except sour cream, noodles, and green onions to a slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours. Turn off heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked and drained noodles, and top with green onions.
- To freeze: add all ingredients except sour cream, noodles, and green onions to a large zip top bag. Freeze.
To Cook After Freezing
- To cook after freezing, add frozen meal to slow cooker. Cook on low 10 hours or on high 8 hours. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked and drained noodles and top with green onions.