Part burrito bowl, part soup, part leftovers, all awesome. So, for this healthy Burrito Bowl Soup recipe, you can use leftover Copycat Chipotle Steak (if you happen to have any, which would be kind of surprising), or you can make it from scratch. Either way, your spoon will never have been happier.
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch each salt
- pinch each pepper
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 lb skirt steak or flank steak
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 package frozen bell pepper mix
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 cup pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 each green onion sliced, optional, for serving
- Combine oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper, and avocado oil in a large zip top bag. Add steak and knead to mix. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Grill steak over medium heat 4 minutes per side or until it has reached desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting. Dice.
Soup: Slow Cooker
- Prepare steak as directed. Add steak and all remaining ingredients, except cheese and green onions, in a slow cooker. Cook on low 4 hours or on high 2 hours. Stir in cheese and serve topped with green onions.
Soup: Instant Pot
- Prepare steak as directed. Add steak and all remaining ingredients except cheese and green onions to Instant Pot. Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for soup. Allow for natural pressure release.
- Prepare steak as directed. Add steak and all remaining ingredients, except cheese and green onions, to a freezer bag. Freeze.
To Cook After Freezing: Slow Cooker
- Add frozen meal to slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Stir in cheese and top with green onions.
To Cook After Freezing: Instant Pot
- Add frozen meal to Instant Pot. Press sauté. Allow to heat long enough for 1/2 to 1 cup liquid to accumulate at the bottom. Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for soup. Allow for natural pressure release.