Yep, you read that right…No Yeast, No Knead Honey Oat Bread! From-scratch, healthy bread, that tastes amazing, that you don’t have to be a bread baker to create. There’s just no “knead” for special skills. (Hint: make a double batch because it won’t last long with all the bread vultures circling…)
This recipe was adapted from celebratingsweets.com.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 1/3 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 each egg large
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp oats
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease loaf pan. Place 1 cup oats in a blender. Blend until powdered. Add powdered oats, flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, egg, oil, honey, and milk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- Add batter to prepared loaf pan. Shape into a rough loaf. Top with remaining oats. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. (Start checking at 30 minutes.) Allow to cool completely before cutting.