Healthy Baked Shrimp Scampi is a simple dish that comes out perfect from the oven. Serve it over whole grain pasta or even zoodles.
- 1 lb shrimp jumbo, thawed
- 1 1/2` Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter soft
- 1/2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- pinch dried rosemary
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk large
- 2/3 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lb 100% whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- Preheat oven to 425. Toss shrimp in a bowl with olive oil, wine, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Allow to sit at room temp while the butter/garlic mixture is made.
- In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, onion, parsley, rosemary, red pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, breadcrumbs, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Place shrimp and marinade in 13X9 baking dish. Top with dollops of the butter mixture. Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes. While shrimp is cooking, boil noodles according to package directions. Serve shrimp and sauce over cooked noodles.