- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 cups pineapple juice see notes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 cup Ketchup no sugar or high fructose corn syrup, see notes
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
To make immediately
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix well. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Shred chicken and serve on buns.
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip top freezer bag. Label and freeze.
To cook after freezing
- Add frozen meal to slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours. Shred chicken and serve on buns.
- Combine all ingredients plus 1/2 cup water in the Instant Pot. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, and 12 minutes. Shred chicken and serve on buns.
Instant Pot (from frozen)
- Add frozen meal to instant pot. (Please note: it is helpful to freeze in a container that is instant pot friendly so that the frozen meal will fit in the allotted space of the Instant Pot insert.) Add 1/2 cup liquid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, and 12 minutes. Shred chicken and serve on buns.