- 2 egg or as many as will fit in the pan
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil over medium heat. When boiling, cover and remove from heat. Let them stand for 10-12 minutes to cool. Peel and enjoy.
- Add 1 cup of water to the liner (pot) of your Instant Pot. Add the rack that comes with your instant pot to the bottom of the liner. Add eggs on top of the rack. The eggs shouldn’t be touching the water.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to “sealing”. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 5 minutes by pressing “manual” and then using the “-” until the screen says “5”. The Instant Pot will now take about 8 minutes to get up to pressure and then it will start the 5 minute countdown.
- When the Instant Pot beeps indicating that the 5 minutes is over, it will begin counting UP instead of down. Let this continue as is until the timer says 5 minutes.
- Next, move the pressure release valve to venting. NOTE: Pressure will begin rushing out of the top of the valve so either keep your hand to side or use a wooden spoon or something to move it (it’s not that scary). When all of the pressure is released, the little pressure lock will fall and you can remove the lid.
- Finally, add the eggs to a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes. When the 5 minutes is up, enjoy the easiest peeling hard boiled eggs ever.
This Post Has 2 Comments
I’m excited to try my InstantPot for these! My eggs only come out about half the time.
I was this many years old when I discovered this recipe. We love hard boiled eggs in our house, so I tried it right away. Eggs came out perfect! Easy to peel and cooked to perfection. Will be doing my eggs this way from this day on.