You will never cook a chicken in the oven again after trying it on the grill! Grilled whole chicken is where it’s at. This also frees up your oven for roasting veggies. If your grill is big enough you could roast the veggies on the grill with the chicken if you wish.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 beet medium
- 2 sweet potato medium
- 2 onion medium
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp salt divided
- 2 tsp pepper divided
Grilled Whole Chicken
- Preheat grill to medium heat and oven to 400.
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a foil roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. kosher salt and 1 tsp. black pepper.
- Place on center of grill. Turn center burners off (if you have 3 or more burners). Reduce outer burners to medium low. Close grill. Grill 15 minutes per pound.
- While chicken is cooking, place carrots in a bowl. Peel beets and cut into large chunks. Add beets to carrots in bowl. Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into chunks. Add sweet potatoes to bowl. Peel onions and cut into quarters. Add onions to vegetables in bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spread vegetables on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes.