This epic Gluten Free Waffle Burger feeds a small family and has a WOW factor that can’t be denied. Add your favorite burger toppings to make this one even more epic. It’s fun to do something different now and again and the kids will love the giant burger patty. If you just want the Waffles to use in another recipe, you can find that recipe all by itself HERE.
Gluten Free Savory Waffles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 egg
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
- 1/2 cup almond flour we used blanched
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- cheddar cheese slices, optional
- Heat a waffle iron
- Steam the riced cauliflower until it is soft and then use a food processor or blender to make it into a paste. Be careful using hot items in a food processor or blender. Always leave an open vent of some sort to let heat out.
- Use a dish towel or a nut milk bag to squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower paste as possible.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and then combine with the cheddar, cauliflower paste, almond flour, and spices. Mix well.
- Spray the waffle iron with olive or coconut oil and then add approximately half of the mixture and close the waffle iron. Cook until most of the steam stops coming from the waffle iron. NOTE: It takes longer than a normal waffle because of the moisture content of the cauliflower. The more you get out when you squeeze it, the shorter time it will take in the waffle iron.
- Repeat with second half of the batter.
- Form the ground beef into one giant burger patty approximately the size of the waffle iron.
- Grill or cook the burger on the stove top until it's done to your liking. Top with cheese and any other burger toppings you like.
- Use the two waffles as a bun and assemble the burger. Cut the burger into 4 parts and serve.