- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 egg
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
- 1/2 cup almond flour we used blanched
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat a waffle iron
- Steam the riced cauliflower until it is soft and then use a food processor or blender to make it into a paste. Be careful using hot items in a food processor or blender. Always leave an open vent of some sort to let heat out.
- Use a dish towel or a nut milk bag to squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower paste as possible.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and then combine with the cheddar, cauliflower paste, almond flour, and spices. Mix well.
- Spray the waffle iron with olive or coconut oil and then add approximately half of the mixture and close the waffle iron. Cook until most of the steam stops coming from the waffle iron. NOTE: It takes longer than a normal waffle because of the moisture content of the cauliflower. The more you get out when you squeeze it, the shorter time it will take in the waffle iron.
- Repeat with second half of the batter.