Forget frying! These Baked Chicken Chimichangas get nice and crispy in the oven.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 8 oz tomato sauce no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup frozen bell peppers
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 2/3 cup salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/4 cup colby jack cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla burrito sized
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine rice and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Stir in tomato sauce, peppers, chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, and cheese.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 of the chicken mixture. Fold in ends and roll up to create a pocket. Place pockets in greased 13X9 inch baking dish. Brush with avocado oil. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings, such as: additional cheese sour cream pickled or fresh jalepenos chopped cilantro