Corn, Barley, and Black Bean Burritos are a great vegetarian option. Leave out non-vegan toppings if using as a vegan or dairy free meal.
- 2 cups vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup pearled barley uncooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 can black beans 15 oz
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 can green chiles 4 oz, diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp dried cilantro
- 8 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla
- cheddar cheese shredded
- romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- sour cream
- green onion thinly sliced
To Cook Immediately
- Add all ingredients except tortillas and optional toppings in a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Serve in tortillas with suggested toppings.
- Add all ingredients except tortillas and optional toppings to a one gallon zip top freezer bag. Label and freeze. (Make sure frozen shape of the bag will fit in your slow cooker).
To Cook From Frozen
- Remove resealable bag and add frozen meal to a slow cooker. Cook on high 6 hours or low 8 hours. Serve in tortillas with suggested toppings.