Do you know why people love spaghetti? Because it’s easy, and because it’s pasta. Do you know why you will love this recipe too? Because it’s easy, because it’s pasta, and because it’s NOT spaghetti. It’s healthy Sausage and Spinach Pasta Shells.
- 3/4 lb 100% whole wheat shell pasta
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 each shallot diced
- 4 links uncured italian sausage no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes; cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in large skillet. Add crushed red pepper, shallot, and sausage. Cook until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and broth. Cook until most of the liquid is evaporated (about 10 minutes). Add milk, half the cheese, and pepper. Stir well. Heat until slightly creamy, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and tomatoes and toss well. Serve with remaining cheese, for topping. Garnish with parsley.
This Post Has 4 Comments
I will have to try this. It looks wonderful! I haven’t had any luck trying to find any type of uncured sausage yet, but I will keep searching just so I can try this!
We haven’t had any luck finding uncured/sugarless sausage either but it’s fun to keep searching!
Yes, it is fun searching!
Have this on my meal plan for later this week. Can’t wait to try it!