Don’t you just love it when you don’t have to boil the noodles first? Me too. You’re going to love this Clean Eating Lasagna Casserole for just that reason (and because it is clean eating). Hint: when you make this, make two and put one in your freezer. (Freezer meal instructions included!)
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 jar pasta sauce no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 lb 100% whole grain pasta such as rotini, uncooked
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella divided, grated
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8X8 casserole dish.
- Cook beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. Add sauce. Using the empty sauce jar, add 1 jar full of water to beef mixture. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Place 1 cup beef mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with 1/2 the noodles. Spread 1/2 the cheese mixture on top of noodles. Top with 2 cups beef mixture, remaining noodles, and remaining cheese mixture. Pour any remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 min longer or until casserole is bubbly and noodles are cooked.
- Cook beef and assemble casserole as directed above. Do not bake. Cover tightly and freeze. When ready to cook, thaw completely and bake as directed.
This Post Has 3 Comments
this is on the list for sure
This is one we will have to try!
Family liked this