You know? Bottled Hoisin Sauce is really hard to find with no added sugar. Like, really hard. The word impossible comes to mind here. So, when you can’t find a healthy hoisin sauce, you just make your own. Behold: 90/10 Nutrition Clean Eating Hoisin Sauce! Use this in any recipe that calls for Hoisin sauce!
This recipe was adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
- 1/4 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter no sugar added
- 1 Tbsp honey or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce or more or less, to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate up to one week, or freeze up to 3 months. Thaw before using, if frozen.