Why I love this Asian Jackfruit Salad Recipe: it’s a healthy main dish asian salad, which is yummy for vegans and paleo followers alike. It also works great as a side dish for your favorite asian dish, as healthy lunch prep, or whatever you need. So versatile, so delicious, so healthy.
NOTE: You’ll also need our homemade Hoisin sauce recipe for this.
Marinade and Dressing
- 1/4 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger finely minced, about 4 inches
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce homemade, see notes
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 each green onion chopped, divided
- 1 can jackfruit drained and shredded
- 1 lb Napa Cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrot julienned, see notes
- 2/3 cup almonds slivered and toasted
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- Combine all Marinade and Dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add 3 Tbsp marinade mixture to a gallon-sized zip top bag. Add shredded jackfruit. Seal, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Add salt, red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup chopped green onions to remaining Marinade and Dressing mixture and whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Toss together marinated jackfruit, remaining green onions, cabbage, carrots, and almonds. Arrange in a serving bowl or 4 individual bowls. Top with sesame seeds. Drizzle with remaining Marinade and Dressing.