Do yourself a favor. Make a double batch of these Clean Eating Country Breakfast Bowls. Eat one batch NOW (like, right now. Don’t wait.) and freeze the other batch. You will love this favor!
- 4 sweet potato peeled and diced small
- 1 onion slivered
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 egg
- 1 1/2 cups salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese grated
- 4 tsp hot sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine diced potatoes, slivered onions, chopped red bell peppers, chopped broccoli, olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Remove from oven and divide mixture evenly among 4 freezer- and microwave-safe bowls. (Oven-safe if serving immediately.) If serving immediately, reduce oven temperature to 350. If freezing, turn oven off.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into a medium bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- Cook eggs in hot skillet 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. If freezing, leave eggs slightly undercooked. If serving immediately, cook eggs thoroughly. Divide eggs evenly among bowls, placing on top of potato mixture. Top evenly with cheese.
- If freezing, cover tightly and freeze. To serve immediately, return to oven for 10 minutes to melt cheese. Top with salsa and hot sauce.
- To cook after freezing, cook each bowl, uncovered, 1-2 minutes in microwave on high.
•Sausage breakfast bowls: add cooked and crumbled uncured sausage with no sugar listed in ingredients between the potatoes and the eggs
•Steak breakfast Bowls: add grilled and sliced sirloin steak between the potatoes and the eggs (great use of leftover steak!)