The BBQ sauce recipe here is just incredible. You won’t even miss store bought BBQ sauce for this clean eating BBQ meatloaf and it may just be the best meatloaf you’ve ever had. It’s still the best I’ve ever had (I’ll change this when it’s not).
- 2 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs (about 2 slices bread pulverized in food processor)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp strawberry fruit-only preserves
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine beef, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and dried mustard in a bowl. Add to loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set.
- Meanwhile, combine applesauce, maple syrup, fruit spread, balsamic vinegar, liquid aminos, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, yellow mustard, white wine vinegar, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush BBQ sauce over meatloaf before serving. Serve with any remaining sauce on the side.