A classic quickie, BLTs and veggies will surely hit the spot!
- 8 slices uncured bacon
- 2 tomato medium, sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 8 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread with no high fructose corn syrup
- mustard optional
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package coleslaw mix 10 oz.
- 1 jicama small, peeled and diced
- 2 apple medium, cored and diced, honeycrisp or granny smith
- 6 carrot large, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Cook bacon until crispy. Place on paper towels and set aside. Toast bread. Assemble sandwiches: toast, mashed avocado, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce followed by toast.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss well. Pour vinegar mixture over coleslaw. Toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss carrot wedges in olive oil until well coated. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.