This Clean Eating Chicken Pot Pie does not need a side. It’s got protein, veggies, and starch all in one dish! It’s a one dish wonder! If you feel like serving a side with it anyway, try a fresh green salad or fresh fruit.
- 1 1/3 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk powder
- 1/8 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 4 1/2 cups Chicken broth low-sodium
- 5 carrot medium, cut into large chunks
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion large, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp 100% whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt fat free
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- Bring the chicken broth, carrots and thyme to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, and cook 2 minutes; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Add the milk, celery, potato pieces and the warm broth mixture and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken, yogurt, peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add all ingredients to baking dish (round pie dish or small rectangular dish).
- Pie Crust: Mix all ingredients and spread or scoop over the top of the chicken/veggie filling.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 18-20 minutes.