Normally when we make a new recipe, we make sure that all of the instructions are right here in the recipe or somewhere on our site so you don’t have to use multiple sources to make the meal. We get inspiration from other recipes on the web sometimes, but then we adapt unhealthy recipes or change it up to be our own recipe. However, when I tested this recipe, I tried a whole wheat naan recipe from frugalnutrition.com and it came out so good that I didn’t want to adapt it or make my own. So, make sure you grab this recipe for the naan bread I used as taco shells for these Curry Chicken Tacos.
This is actually the second installment in a series of recipes I’m calling “Taco Fuseday”, where I take other dishes and cuisines and make them into tacos. The first one I did was this Meatloaf Tacos recipe. This one, obviously, is taking Indian curry and turning it into tacos by using naan bread as the shell and filling it with rice and chicken curry. The result was tasty and incredible. You know you dip your naan bread in the curry anyway, so why not make a taco? Because…tacos!
We’ll keep updating our Taco Fuseday collection, so check here for more.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or more or less, to taste
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 12 roma tomato or any tomato
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt whole milk is best
- cilantro fresh, chopped, optional
- 1 batch cooked brown rice see notes
- 8 each 100% whole wheat naan see notes
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Cook 5 min or until translucent. Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, to brown.
- Add garlic, salt, curry powder, cayenne, tomatoes, and 1/4 cup water. Cover and let cook 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are dissolved and chicken is tender.
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cook rice per instructions in rice recipe (see notes)
- Prepare Naan bread per instructions in recipe (see notes)
Chicken Curry Tacos
- Assemble tacos by filling naan bread with rice and chicken curry. Top with chopped cilantro if desired.