There aren’t a whole lot of ways to improve upon a roasted butternut squash but adding a little sweet maple syrup and a little pecan-y nuttiness and throwing it on the grill takes plain old roasted butternut squash up a notch. Or ten. This Maple Pecan Grilled Squash is still healthy, just maybe a tiny bit fancier.
This recipe was adapted from blessedbeyondcrazy.com.
- 1 each Butternut Squash large
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch dried ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup optional
- Preheat grill to medium high. Peel squash and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds and pulp. Cut into chunks. Add squash, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt to a bowl. Toss until squash is well-coated. Place in a grill basket.
- Grill squash 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. Squash is done when largest pieces are tender when pierced with a fork. Final cook time will vary depending on size of pieces.
- Remove from grill basket and add to a serving bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup, if using, and sprinkle with pecans.
This Post Has 0 Comments