Upon finally finding an uncured ham sweetened with honey instead of brown sugar, which places it on the yellow tier instead of the red tier, this healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu is the first recipe I wanted to try! (It was Organic Prairie brand, by the way, and I found it at Natural Grocer’s.)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 oz uncured ham no sugar listed in ingredients
- 4 oz swiss cheese grated
- 1/2 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin, flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thick. Place 1 one ounce slice of ham on each chicken breast. Top each piece of ham with 1 oz grated cheese. Roll up and set aside, seam side down.
- Mix eggs and water until well blended. Place in a shallow dish, and set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic. Place in a shallow dish, and set aside.
- Dip stuffed chicken breasts into egg wash, taking care to coat all sides, then dredge into breading. Place seam side down in a glass baking dish. Bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
This Post Has 0 Comments