Flavorful and hearty, these Fajita-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are superb! Make the chicken fresh for this dish (the instant pot makes it easy, if you have one), or use leftover shredded chicken.
- 3 sweet potato large
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 can black beans 15 oz, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated, optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pierce the skin of the sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Place in a baking dish. Bake at 400 for 1 hour. Slice in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shell. Place pulp in a medium bowl. Place shells back into baking dish, open sides up.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat oil. Cook onion, peppers, and garlic in oil for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Add vegetable mixture to sweet potato pulp in bowl. Add chicken, beans, cumin, paprika, and lime juice. Stir well. Add mixture to potato shells. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
This Post Has 0 Comments