Simple Cheesy Mexican Rice is freezable too. Make a couple of them ahead of time and have one on reserve for that time when you don’t know what to make for dinner.
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 lb ground turkey 90% lean or leaner
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1 can Black olives sliced, 4 oz
- 1 can black beans 14.5 oz, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup green onion sliced
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, brown turkey, onions, and bell pepper in a large skillet.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream, salsa, 1⁄2 c. cheese, black olives, black beans, and corn.
- When turkey is browned, add chili powder and cumin. Stir well. Cook 1 minute.
- When rice is cooked, stir together rice, turkey mixture, and sour cream mixture.
- Return mixture to skillet. Top with remaining cheese, cover, and cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Top with green onions.