Cauliflower and Ham Casserole is a hit even with my kids. Look for ham that is uncured (no nitrates or nitrites) and doesn’t have added sugar.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/3 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cup cheddar cheese grated, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese grated
- 2 cups uncured ham diced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups carrot grated
- 4 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread no high fructose corn syrup
Cauliflower and Ham Casserole
- Melt butter in a large stockpot. Add onions. Cook 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in flour. Whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring until thick. Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup cheddar, swiss, and sour cream. Stir in cauliflower, carrots and ham. Pour into 13X9 baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and remaining cheddar. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Whole Grain Bread Crumbs
- Process bread slices in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs. Approximately 1 c.